How to protect yourself against nuclear radiation
Just in case......
In 1945, at the time of the atomic bombing of Japan, Tatsuichiro Akizuki, M.D. was Director of the Department of Internal Medicine at St. Francis's Hospital in Nagasaki. Most patients in the hospital, located one mile from the center of the blast, survived the initial effects of the bomb, but soon after came down with symptoms of radiation sickness from the fallout that has been released.
Dr. Akizuki fed his staff and patients a strict diet of brown rice, miso and tamari soy soup, wakame, kombu and other seaweed, Hokkaido pumpkin, and sea salt and prohibited the consumption of sugar and sweets.
As a result, he saved everyone in his hospital, while many
other survivors perished from radiation sickness.
Source: Tatsuichiro Akuziki, M.D. Nagasaki 1945, London Quarter books, 1981. (Brown rice, miso, Sea vegetables, Salt)
In 1968 Canadian researchers reported that sea vegetables contained a polysaccharide substance that selectively bound radioactive strontium and helped eliminate it from the body. In laboratory experiments, sodium alginate prepared from kelp, kombu, and other brown seaweeds off the Atlantic and pacific coasts was introduced along with strontium and calcium into rats. The reduction of radioactive particles in bone uptake, measured in the femur, reached as high as 80%, with little interference with calcium absorption.
The evaluation of biological activity of different marine algae
is important because of their practical significance in preventing absorption
of radioactive products of atomic fission as well as in their use as possible
Source: Y. Tanaka et. Al. " Studies on Inhibition of Intestinal Absorption of Radioactive Strontium", Canadian Medical Association Journal 99: 169-75. (Sea Vegetables)
WHOLE GRAINS PROTECT IN FIVE WAYS
Whole grains help to protect us from the deleterious health effects of radiation exposure in five ways:
1) Grains are low on the food chain. Although they may have been exposed to pollution and radiation, they do not have the concentration of contaminants that is found in meat and large fish, which are at the top of the food chain.
2) Important with respect to radiation protection is the high fiber and phosphorous contents in grains. The binding ability of these substances helps the body to remove poisons.
3) The bulking factor of grains lessens the intestinal transit time and so hasten the elimination of all toxins.
4) Being neither very acid nor very alkaline, grains help us to maintain the middle-range pH that has been found to increase our resistance to radiation.
5) Whole grains provide vitamin B6, which is indispensable
for the thymus. In addition, their calcium content guards against uptake of
radioactive strontium, and their vitamin E and selenium prevent cellular damage
caused by free radicals.
(Ed: when the body lacks calcium it replaces it with srontium, a radioactive element. Both have identical atomic structures. The intake of refined/simple sugar/dairy products are the main causes of this depletion of calcium) (Identical structure Strontium and Calcium (pdf file))
THE FOODS BETTER TO AVOID
1) Refined, genetic modified and processed foods
2) Fatty foods (meat, dairy products)
3) Simple sugars (white sugar), soft drinks
Source: Diet for the Atomic Age by Sara Shannon-Avery Publishing Group Inc., Wayne, New Jersey.
The products mentioned in this message are available in most of the health stores.
More about Radiation
Whenever food is irradiated, cooked or warmed up in a microwave oven, it looses its life force or ki.
We can see this life force or aura with Kirlian photography.
Back to Paramahamsa for more detailed diet information and recipes.